Frequently, holistic living, or the idea of living in harmony and balance with one’s environment, is seen to be at odds with the emerging technological landscape that we are living in.
It can be difficult to see how these two spheres can work together: a lot of the time, it seems that the idea of a balanced life is threatened by advancements in technology: screens everywhere, modified foods, less activity, living on the cusp of some undetermined yet ominous ecological disaster.
On the other hand, there is a lot of interest in the concept of the ‘technological singularity’ (http://bigthink.com/100-biggest-ideas/the-singularity-of-ray-kurzweil), which suggests that technology may advance to the point where mankind will be equipped to ‘live forever’ at some point this century.
How do we reconcile all of these perspectives?
Join us for an exploration of holistic health, fitness, personal development, and learn about their relationship with technology. We’ll be kicking things off with a series of four hybrid workshop sessions led by professionals and practitioners in the field of Naturopathic Medicine.
Along the way, we will also be looking for ways that we as individuals can make strides to improve our own health and well-being:
- Have you ever been curious about alternative medicine, but didn’t know what questions to ask or where to start?
- Have you ever tried to make positive lifestyle changes and found yourself feeling frustrated by a lack of know-how or support?
- Have you ever wondered how technology can help improve your overall health and productivity?
- Have you ever been skeptical of trendy health tips and fads but still felt curious to explore more?
This series will be running on Wednesday nights from November 20 through December 11:
- Session 1: November 20, 7pm
- Session 2: November 27, 7pm
- Session 3: December 4, 7pm
- Session 4: December 11, 7pm