Our first themed hackathon was a wonderful success, so we have decided to host another!
Never seen a James Bond film? No worries! Whether you’ve seen them a million times or aren’t really a fan, this hackathon is all about honing our coding skills. So, whether you are a legendary coder or new to the scene, come out, kick back with a martini (shaken, not stirred), watch some Bond movies and create something incredible.
How it will work:
For this James Bond themed hackathon we will be providing a few challenges that you can choose to work on individually or with a team so if you’ve never been to a hackathon before – don’t worry! There will be people on hand to help you out or work with you.
The challenges aren’t mandatory either, so if you’ve got an amazing idea to redesign the newest Aston Martin, or want to build an interface for a cold war Russian Submarine, go for it! You can build any suave Bond themed interface that you want!
All that matters is that you have fun with it.
Challenges may include:
- A watch/phone interface to control a car, submarine, or moonbase
- A pen interface for a GPS locator
- Lock picking/safe cracking interface for wearable tech
- Bomb detecting interface for watch/phone/glasses
- Health Interface built into clothing detecting poison or injuries
- Contact Lens/Glasses interface for heat detection
- Keychain interface to release of nerve gas to disarm enemy spies.
- It’s going to be a night of mystery, intrigue and code!
YMC spy base located at 106 Front St. East – Unit 200 @ BNOTIONS/The YMC (map: http://goo.gl/maps/oG0yd)
- Friday, June 12th from 6:30pm to 11:00pm
- Doors open at 6:15pm
- Hacking Starts at 6:45pm to 11:00pm
- Presentations at 11:00pm
- A license to kill…some code