Participants will be guided through the process of coding in C# and using Unity to make a basic platformer game. The game will run on iOS and Android and include touch events and gestures. Participants will also get a hands-on introduction to working with basic Shaders, Mesh and Lighting in the Unity Editor, to make builds of the game and learn about debugging.
On a higher level, participants will be introduced to ways of thinking in a 3D space, as well as how to build their final product with a tiled base system.
Finally, participants will also have the opportunity to get familiar with optimization techniques for games build in Unity.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have built a platformer game that includes the ability to play with touch and swipe gestures on Smartphones and Tablets.
- Recommended (not mandatory):
- Basic programming knowledge is recommended
- some experience building apps for Android and/or IOS.
- experience with C#
- Unity Free with IOS and/or Android installed OR
- Unity Pro (Unity Pro trial is free)
- (Unity is available on PC, MAC and Linux)
- Android SDK installed (Java installed) AND/OR
- A Mac with XCODE, IOS SDK installed (required to make an iOS build)
- Visual Studio or MonoDevelop (comes with Unity)
Please note: for this workshop, we recommend all software and operating system languages are in English
- A computer / laptop able to run Unity and a C# code editor
- Access to a Smartphone or Tablet (Android / IOS) is recommended