Web Master Starter Series - Season 3
By popular demand, the YMC team is excited to announce that the Web Master Starter Series is returning for its third iteration Starting on Saturday, April 29, 2017!
This program is designed to help participants enhance their digital literacy through a series of interesting problem-solving activities in a casual, supportive setting.
During the series, participants will be introduced to:
- tips and techniques to use your computer and the Internet as productivity tools
- use the Google Suite for collaborative projects
- online tools and techniques for photo editing
- manage and maintain your own blog or website
- basic coding concepts
This course has been designed for:
- People who want to learn more about using their Computer and the Internet as productivity tools
- People who wish to start / make their own websites, but do not have any coding experience
- People who want a better understanding of personal internet security
- People who are looking to learn about Photo editing tools and techniques
In order to take this course, individuals should have basic experience using Computers and Web Browsers. This includes:
- able to operate keyboard and mouse
- understand how to save, move and rename files
Hardware and Software Requirements
Participants will require:
- A Mac or Windows Laptop running a modern web browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge)
- A Google account (for using the Google Suite)
Dates, Times, Topics
The Web Master Starter Series will be taking place on Saturdays from 12pm noon until 3pm on the following dates:
- April 29, 2017 - Computer File Organization and file types, exploring the Google Suite
- May 6, 2017 - Photo Editing and Design, Creating a WordPress.com Site or Blog
- May 13, 2017 - Internet Security, Introduction to Computer Programming languages
Applications and Fees
There is no fee to attend this course.
Applications can be done through this form: Application Form.
We will attempt to respond to applicants as soon as possible.
Space is limited to 12 participants.